He was an All American for the U of Georgia and pitched a minor league no-hitter. Powell left behind a wife and three children. RIP.
A sheriff’s official in Georgia says former major league pitcher Brian Powell has died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. He was 35.
Capt. Liz Crowley of the Decatur County Sheriff’s Office says Powell died Monday at a hospital in Tallahassee, Fla. Powell was from Bainbridge, Ga.
Powell was 7-18 with a 5.94 ERA in 59 games for Detroit, Houston, San Francisco and Philadelphia. He last pitched in the majors with the Phillies in 2004, and spent 2005 in Triple-A for Washington.
- New Orleans Saints DE Charles Grant stabbed in assault
- MLB Pitcher Joe Kennedy dead at 28
- Former Detroit Lions Coach Monte Clark dead at 72
- Former NY Yankee pitcher Tom Sturdivant dead at 78
- Former MLB Manager Danny Ozark dead at 85
- Former MLB pitcher Steve Ridzik dead at 78
- Kevin Mitchell, Former NFL Linebacker, Dies at 36
- Jesse Barfield Shoved Down Stairs by Son Jeremy
- Former MLB Pitcher Jeriome Robertson dead at 33
- Joe Niekro Dies at 61
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed