The Trailblazers should open their own hospital ward. From AP-
Trail Blazers center Joel Przybilla had surgery Thursday to repair his ruptured right patella tendon.
Przybilla is expected to miss the rest of the season after hurting his leg during Portland’s 85-81 victory at Dallas on Tuesday night. He went up for a rebound and came down awkwardly with 3:12 left in the first quarter.
Przybilla averaged 4.1 points, 7.9 rebounds and 1.4 blocks in 30 games.
The Blazers have been beset by so many injuries this season that the NBA granted the team an exemption to carry 16 players on its roster.
Portland also is without center Greg Oden (left knee), forwards Nicolas Batum (shoulder), Travis Outlaw (left foot) and Rudy Fernandez (back), and rookies Patrick Mills (right foot) and Jeff Pendergraph (hip).
Another starter, Brandon Roy, has a strained shoulder.
- Portland’s Greg Oden suffers year ending knee fracture
- Eight is Enough- Portland beats Golden State 105-89
- Portland Guard Steve Blake has pneumonia
- Never a calm moment- Portland defeats Los Angeles 107-98
- Cincinnati Bengals lose rookie OL Andre Smith to a foot fracture
- Penn State’s Rene Portland resigns
- NBA Mock Draft
- Cowboys Claim Colts Center Matt Tarullo
- Dallas Cowboys 2009 Undrafed Free Agents
- Denver Broncos Greg Eslinger Gettin’ Props
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed