He is the team’s leading scorer. From AP-
Phoenix Coyotes forward Scottie Upshall is out indefinitely with a torn ACL in his right knee.
Upshall was injured in Thursday’s 3-2 win over Calgary and missed Saturday night’s 3-2 victory over the New York Rangers. The club said surgery will be necessary to repair the tear.
The 26-year-old right wing has a team-leading 18 goals in 49 games this season.
Upshall is most certainly out for the rest of the season. How will this impact Phoenix’s playoff chances? The Coyotes are 4th in the Western Conference at this point and 7 points ahead of the 9th place team. I have been negative about this team’s playoff chances all year but they’ve kept plugging away. Maybe other players will pick up the slack.
- Coming apart?- Buffalo routs Phoenix 7-2
- Throwing in the towel- Phoenix beats Florida 4-3
- Detroit Red Wing Johan Franzen out with torn ACL
- Edmonton Oiler Ales Hemsky out for the season
- Ilya Bryzgalov signs 3-year contract extension with Phoenix Coyotes
- Get the puck out of there- NHL wrap-ups as league takes break for Christmas
- Florida Panthers trade Dominic Moore to Montreal
- Dallas Stars place Brad Richards on IR with fractured wrist
- Break time- Anaheim beats Edmonton 7-3
- Home New Home- Calgary beats Minnesota 5-2
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed