Israel is scheduled to play Chile this weekend. From AP-
Chile is still planning to host its Davis Cup series this weekend against Israel despite the devastating earthquake that has killed at least 700 people in the South American country.
Singles player Nicolas Massu arrived on Monday from Miami and expressed concern for the Chilean people but said he was ready to play.
Jose Hinzpeter, president of the Chile tennis federation, also said he wants the series to go ahead as scheduled in the northern port town of Coquimbo, which suffered little damage.
I don’t know about you. A tennis match seems unimportant when large amounts of people are dead or homeless. National pride from any win will just be transitory.
- Davis Cup fines Sweden $25,000
- WTA given written assurance of Shahar Peer getting a visa to play in Dubai
- Tennis stadium evacuated for bag scare
- Davis Cup match to be played in empty arena
- Israeli Andy Ram allow to play in Dubai
- Russian tennis player Ekaterina Bychkova banned for 30 days
- Mexican Golf Open postponed due to Swine flu fears
- Bobcats Drop Ownership of WNBA Franchise
- Dubai denies visa for Israeli tennis player
- Tennis authorities looking into WTA match
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed