Tampa Bay Bucs’ QB Chris Simms was hospitalized following today’s loss to the Panthers and is listed in critical condition. He was removed from the game in the 3rd Quarter and television announcers said he was being treated for dehydration. Head Coach Jon Gruden said post-game that his ribs were injured somehow.
UPDATE: NBC just reported that the Bucs are saying he’s hospitalized but not in critical condition. Apparently no other information will be released until his family has been contacted.
UPDATE #2: Peter King of NBC reports that Simms had his spleen removed and was never in critical condition.
- Bucs, Chris Simms Close to 2-Year Extension
- Tiger Woods seriously hurt in auto accident
- Cincinnati Bengal WR Chris Henry dead at age 26
- Boston Bruins’ Defenseman Matt Hunwick has spleen removed
- Washington Redskins Safety Sean Taylor shot at home
- Oklahoma WR injured in car crash
- Samford University basketball player Jim Griffin dead at 23
- Five Duquesne Basketball Players Shot
- Peter Yarrow Sleepwalks into Tony Kornheiser’s House
- Bruins Rookie Phil Kessel has Cancer-Related Surgery
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed