Rick Gosselin notes that fans always overreact to the first game of the season.
The opening weekend of every NFL season amuses me.
Half the teams win, half lose. The fans of the 16 losers immediately shift into panic mode — and the fans of the 16 winners border on overconfidence. There doesn’t seem to be any middle ground. No moral victories for the losers, and no tempering of optimism for the winners.
Certainly true. Indeed, I was hopping mad by the 3rd quarter of the Cowboys-Jags game as the former squandered a 10-0 lead and made one boneheaded mistake after another. The team has a lot of talent, though, and were on the road against a playoff team. One suspects they won’t go 0-16.
- Cowboys Underdogs Against Hungry Redskins
- Navy, North Texas combine for 94 1st-half points
- Leinart Impressive, Grossman Not in 3rd Preseason Game
- LeBreton: Vanderjagt More Important Signing than T.O.
- 2006 NFL Playoffs
- Dallas Cowboys Trivia
- Alabama Whips Georgia 41-30
- Still waiting- Indianapolis beats NY Jets 30-17
- Eagles, Bengals play to NFL’s first tie in six years at 13-13
- Close call- Miami Dolphins beat Kansas City 38-31 to go to 10-5
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed