Stick a fork in him, he’s likely done for 2007.
Orioles pitcher Kris Benson has a torn rotator cuff in his right shoulder and will almost certainly miss the 2007 season.
A recent MRI exam revealed a partial tear, Benson’s agent, Gregg Clifton said Monday. The injury will require surgery, but the procedure has not yet been scheduled.
Benson has never lived up to his amazing potential. In his early years with Pittsburgh he flirted with brilliance only to stumble and scuffle. Benson’s injury opens a spot in the rotation for either Adam Loewen or Hayden Penn, one of whom was likely to win a spot in the roation coming out of spring.
Loewen pitched fairly well last season in partial duty in Baltimore. Penn was thankfully limited a handful of poor outings. This likely marks the end of Kris Benson’s time in Baltimore. 2007 was the last guaranteed year for Benson. The Orioles are unlikely to pick up his option for 2008. And if Penn or Loewen work out, the Orioles would have little incentive to bring Benson back even on a reduced salary.
- Wright is the wrong excuse
- Anna Benson Files for Divorce
- Anna Benson UNfiles for Divorce
- Kris Benson Cheated on Anna?
- Surgery on Hold; Benson to Rehab his Shoulder
- Chicago Bears release RB Cedric Benson
- Loss for words
- Chicago Bears RB Cedric Benson arrested
- Oriole Obligations
- Baltimore Oriole pitcher injures arm filming promotional spot
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed