The first quarter of Super Bowl XLI has been fun to watch but easily the sloppiest quarter I’ve seen in one of these games. Several fumbles, slips, slides, and a botched snap on an extra point provided plenty of excitement but it’s not exactly what one would expect of the two premier teams in the game.
Then again, I’ve never seen one of these games played in the pouring rain. Or any rain that I can recall.
There’s a reason they usually play the Super Bowl inside a domed stadium: To ensure a pristine, fair game for both teams. Bad weather necessarily advantages defensive/running oriented teams and hurts passing oriented teams.
I wonder if the League will think harder before having another Super Bowl outdoors?
UPDATE: And has CBS never covered an outdoor sporting event? I’ve never seen a game where the camera lens is so covered with water that the picture is blurry. Watching the game in high definition, as I am, it appears that there’s an oily film covering my set or that I need glasses
- New York/New Jersey Making Bid For 2014 Super Bowl
- Jerry Kramer’s Super Bowl I Ring Found
- Patriots Awesome But No Lock to Win Super Bowl
- Super Bowl post of Lists
- Chicago Blackhawks and Detroit Red Wings to play outdoor NHL game
- What if NFL Used the BCS Model?
- NFL Power Rankings – 2008 Preseason
- Aikman Says Romo Best Cowboys QB Ever
- Navy runs by Wake Forest 13-10
- NFL Draft 2011 Round 1 #20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers DE Adrian Clayborn
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed