The former University of Miami and Cleveland Brown head coach has cancer.
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. –North Carolina football coach Butch Davis said Tuesday he is undergoing chemotherapy treatments after a dentist removed a cancerous growth from his mouth.
”I know people are going to be concerned and everything, but it’s going to be OK,” Davis said. “We’re going to get through this and we’re going to have a great season next fall.”
Davis said he wasn’t even aware he had a growth when he saw his dentist late last month in Cleveland for a routine cleaning. After the growth was removed, a biopsy diagnosed it as non-Hodgkins lymphoma.
Subsequent exams have found no evidence that the cancer has spread anywhere else, but Davis said Tuesday is undergoing chemotherapy as a precaution. He had his first two-hour session last week, and will have between three and six more.
Good luck with the chemo Butch and God bless.
- Arizona pitcher Doug Davis has cancer
- Denver Nuggets Coach George Karl has cancer
- Retired Nascar Driver Benny Parsons has lung cancer
- Denver Nuggets’ Nene has testicular cancer
- Benny Parsons, NASCAR Legend, Dies
- Boston College LB Mark Herzlich diagnosed with cancer
- Former Detroit Pistons coach Chuck Daly diagnosed with cancer
- Bruins Rookie Phil Kessel has Cancer-Related Surgery
- Former NFL MVP Merlin Olsen dead at 69
- Kelly Dowd, mother of junior golfer Dakoda Dowd, dead at age 42
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed