The player nicknamed El Nino acted like one yesterday.
DORAL â€“ Sergio Garcia confirmed his unusual hole-in-one at the 13th hole Saturday at the CA Championship at Doral.
Unhappy with his bogey there, he retrieved his ball and then spit into the cup.
NBC reported that viewers called to complain.
Garcia didn’t deny it.
“I did, I’m not going to say no,” Garcia told NBC. “It went down in the middle. It wasn’t going to affect anybody else.
“I just missed the putt and wasn’t very happy.”
Geoff Ogilvy played in the twosome behind Garcia but wasn’t aware the cup had been lubricated.
“I didn’t lick my fingers anyway after I played that hole,” Ogilvy said. “And I wash my hands before I eat.”
Ogilvy didn’t like the idea another player had spit into the cup.
“It’s probably not the right way to play,” Ogilvy said.
Garcia’s behavior is inexcusable. He should be fined at the very least. Then the PGA Tour and USGA did nothing when Tiger Woods intentionally defaced a green at the 2005 US Open. I expect the same in Garcia’s case.
Four hours television coverage of a non-major championship is overkill. Tiger is winning by four with three holes to go.
- British Open- With 18 holes to go, Sergio Garcia leads by three
- Sergio Leads, Tiger 7 Back, Phil Misses Cut
- QB Jeff Garcia signs with Oakland Raiders
- Sacramento King Francisco Garcia breaks his right arm
- Anthony Kim wins Wachovia; Youngest PGA Tour winner in 6 years
- Tiger Woods, Rocco Mediate, A US Open playoff, and 13
- Tiger Woods Repeats at Doral
- Doral is still Doral
- Tiger Woods wins his 7th straight PGA Tour title
- Tiger Woods wins Accenture Match Play
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed