Man goes for foul ball.
Man misses foul ball.
Man spills beer.
Man gets hit by pizza.
PIZZA?! Yes a pizza.
Drew lofted a foul toward Box 82, which juts into left field foul territory. Sole stretched for the ball as the Angelsâ€™ Garret Anderson reached the stands. They collided, spilling beer everywhere, and the ball bounced away.
As if the slo-mo spill and requisite grimacing werenâ€™t enough, a large slice of cheese pizza then arced perfectly through the crowd, hitting Soleâ€™s shoulder and face. Once he realized what hit him, he went ballistic while girlfriend Anya Ho, 29, tried to wipe off his face.
A few rows away, Madore and buddy Danny Kelly beamed. It turns out Sole had given them grief about having a large pizza in the stands just moments before the at-bat. He wanted to know where they got it.
â€œHe turned around and said something like, â€˜Your mother,â€™ â€ Sole said.
â€œNo,â€ interjected Ho. â€œHe said, â€˜The pizzeria.â€™ â€
Either way, all parties were annoyed.
â€œThey had been giving us (expletive) about it,â€ Madore said. â€œNext thing I know, thereâ€™s a fly ball to left field and it goes foul and my buddy says, â€˜You want some pizza now?â€™ And he hits him right in the face. Hey, the guy wasnâ€™t paying attention. When youâ€™re in the stands youâ€™ve got to be ready for anything – a foul ball, a flying slice of pizza, everything.â€
Kelly, sporting a Patriots [team stats] jacket, was tossed.
â€œIt was just a stupid thing,â€ he said. â€œItâ€™s not something to be proud of. It was just stupidity all around.â€
Madore and Sole began jawing – â€œHe has a little bit of a temper,â€ Ho said – and Madore got the boot, as well.
By the time the eighth inning rolled around, however, most involved couldnâ€™t stop laughing. Sole fielded nonstop calls from friends telling him he was on NESN, which named him â€œFan of the Game.â€ He wondered if he could meet NESNâ€™s Tina Cervasio.
Of course you can watch the NESN broadcast here and catch the play-by-play commentary, which is pretty hilarious.
- Louisville basketball fans can get free pizza
- Give that fan a contract
- Deflated- Beachball deflection wins soccer game
- Utah basketball coach suspends player for intentional foul
- Jonathan Papelbon’s dog ate World Series ball
- Baseball Player Accidentally Assaults Wife
- Golf Channel’s Kelly Tilghman suggests young golfers lynch Tiger Woods in a back alley
- Blown away by the Brees- New Orleans beats Miami 46-34
- We blew it- NBA admits referees errored in Denver-Dallas game
- Walking The Batter Before A-Rod, Not Always A Good Idea
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed