This was pretty much a foregone conclusion for the last month or two. The twenty-year-old from Paraguay wouldn’t be back to defend her title.
Should the defending champion be invited back to the ADT? Paula Creamer gave a reasonable reply yesterday when she said.
“The whole point of this tournament is earning your way into it, playing well to make it to the tournament for that million dollars,” said Paula Creamer, the eighth-place finisher last year. “You’d think in any other tournament the defending champion gets to go in, but this is an unusual event in itself.
The ADT certainly is unusual. Not just the million dollar first prize, but that scores reset for both Saturday and Sunday play.
You could say, Julieta earned her way in by winning the 2006 event. I think she should have been included in the 2007 field. However that should be laid out in advance, so all players can take it into consideration as they attempt to qualify for the ADT. I wasn’t a fan of a last moment invitation being given to Annika Sorenstam so she could play the Samsung. As it ended up, Annika declined the Samsung invite.
- The ADT Championship begins in two days
- The race to qualify for the ADT Championship
- ADT Championship Day two- The Carnage
- The ADT Championship starts today
- Annika Sorenstam turns down Samsung World Championship Invitation
- ADT Championship Sunday- 18 holes for a million dollars
- The LPGA’s Samsung Championship makes special Hall of Fame addition to field
- OTB Sports to live blog LPGA Tour’s year ending ADT Championship
- 2008 LPGA Tour Preview
- The ADT Championship after one day
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed