The day after shooting a 65, the Boca Raton native shot a 73 to miss the cut by two shots.
Morgan had a good front nine, ending with a 35, but her one lapse was a six on the par five 3rd. The 3rd is a birdie hole.
It was at hole 13 Morgan began to have trouble. Three bogeys, one a three putt from ten feet, doomed Morgan’s round. Afterwards Morgan wasn’t happy with her play, but it wasn’t her putting.
“No, ball striking made a big difference. I don’t even know, but I probably barely hit six greens. I never had opportunities to make birdies.”
Morgan hit only 33 greens in regulation. Out of the Sunday qualifiers, only Cristie Kerr hit less than 36, her total being 35.
Even with a win this year, Morgan felt sad because of today’s results. When asked how she would look back at 2007, even after being reminded of how she won a major, Morgan replied.
“It was a season of ups and downs and it’s sad that it’s over and it’s sad that it’s ending this way. ”
The ADT was just one tournament. Morgan will have more chances to win.
- The U.S. Women’s Golf Open is underway
- Nine holes with Cristie Kerr and Christina Kim
- Morgan Pressel’s 2nd round 65 low score for the ADT
- Michelle Wie is back but is her golf game?
- ADT Championship 3rd Round Cut
- Morgan Pressel wins LPGA Kapalua Classic
- Ji Whiz- Eun Hee Ji wins the U.S. Open
- Yani Tseng wins the Australian Open
- Tiger, Ryder and Morgan
- Comeback- Brittany Lincicome wins Kraft Nabisco Championship
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed