Nine holes with Cristie Kerr and Christina Kim
I walked nine holes this morning with the defending US Open Champ and the bubbly one.
Christina and Cristie were minus one for the first five holes. Of the two, Cristie’s round was smoother. She made a birde on two, and hit all greens but #1. Christina missed a short birdie putt on three. Her drive on the fourth found a fairway bunker but Christina knocked her second shot to two feet. Christina made the putt a few minutes to later to go to minus one.
It was at the 6th hole that both players began to unravel. Cristie after hitting the par four in two, three putted. Christina hit too much club, and went over the green on her approach. Her chip came up short and Christina missed a ten footer for par.
On seven both Christie and Christina hit their tee shots in the water. Both finishing the hole with double bogeys.
Number seven I think is the most unrecognized hole on the course. Whereas the 17th waterfall hole gets the attention, I think seven plays equally difficult or close to it. Look at these scores on seven today.
C Kim 5
C Kerr 5
MH Kim 6
S Lee 6
Two double bogeys, two triple bogeys, and one quad. When you add in the other players score, the par 3 7th played at an average of 4.75 strokes. Ouch.
With nine holes to go, Lorena Ochoa looks to be in command. -5 for the day and five shots up on her closest pursuers.
- Fourteen holes with Sherri Steinhauer and Christina Kim
- Nine holes with Christina and Mi Hyun Kim
- ADT Championship 3rd Round Cut
- Ji Whiz- Eun Hee Ji wins the U.S. Open
- Lorena Ochoa wins the ADT Championship
- Michelle Wie wins the CN Canadian Women’s Open
- M.J. Hur wins Safeway Classic
- ADT Championship notes
- The ADT Twilight Zone moments
- Lorena Ochoa now ranked #1 in women’s golf
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
- Is the 17th at Trump International unfair? linked with OTB Sports
Comments are Closed