The Dallas Cowboys traded for Adam Pacman Jones in the week before the draft, took CB Mike Jenkins in the 1st round, and have now added yet another corner, Orlando Scandrick of Boise State, in the 5th round.
Not bad for the 143rd player taken.
Albert Breer reports,
To get in position to take Boise State CB Orlando Scandrick, the Cowboys dealt their fifth- and seventh-round picks (155 and 213 overall), which moved them up 12 spots to 143rd overall.
I’ve been hearing whispers about the Cowboys’ interest in Scandrick going all the way back to the combine. And it’s been quiet of late — which can be a sign that a club genuinely wants a guy. The Cowboys obviously did.
That seems like a lot to move up 12 spots in the 5th round but nothing else the Cowboys have done today has made any sense, either.
- NFL Draft 2008 – Round 4 – Dallas Trades Down Again – And Again!- And Again!
- Dallas – Cleveland Draft Day Trade – Round 2
- Dallas Cowboys 2008 Draft Grades
- Cowboys Trade Fasano and Ayodele to Dolphins for 4th
- Dallas Cowboys 2009 Draft – Day 1
- NY Jets trade RB Leon Washington to Seattle
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #18 – Dallas Cowboys – OLB Bobby Carpenter
- Alabama Shut Out in Draft?
- Punter Donnie Jones signs with the St. Louis Rams
- Broncos Trade 1st Rounder to 49ers for 2nd and 3rd
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed