The former University of Florida star basketball player was also charged with having an open container of alcohol. From AP-
GAINESVILLE, Fla. — Authorities in Gainesville have charged Chicago Bulls forward and former Florida star Joakim Noah with possession of marijuana and having an open container of alcohol.
Gainesville police spokesman Sgt. Rick Roberts said Noah was arrested around 1:50 a.m. Sunday after an officer spotted him on a sidewalk holding a plastic cup containing an amber drink, a violation of city law. During a search at the station, officers found marijuana in his pocket.
Noah was released after signing a notice to appear before a judge — standard procedure for such offenses. He could face up to 6 months in jail and a $500 fine for the marijuana charge.
Noah won’t go to jail, and may not even be fined but sentenced to community service. Anyone else have an opinion?
- Browns DB Kenny Wright jailed
- San Francisco Giant P Tim Lincecum charged with marijuana possession
- Buffalo Bills RB Marshawn Lynch arrested on gun charge
- Indianapolis Colt DT Ed Johnson charged with drug possession
- Cardinals’ Tony La Russa arrested on DUI charge
- Rays Prospect Dukes Charged with Marijuana Possession
- Two Washington Wizards players arrested on South Beach
- Quincy Carter Arrested on Marijuana Charges
- Chicago Bears RB Cedric Benson arrested
- Peavy Arrested by Mobile Airport Police
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed