The Panthers tallied the most amount of goals this afternoon since they defeated Toronto on February 5th of 2008. With the win Florida is just one point behind Carolina for the last playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
*- Florida was outshot 32 to 28.
*- Seven different Florida players scored goals. Ville Peltonen scored twice. The other goals were scored by Radek Dvorak, Jay Bouwmeester, Nathan Horton, Cory Stillman, David Booth, and Michael Frolik. Gregory Campbell had three assists, Karlis Skrastins and Richard Zednik two each. Today’s win was definitely a team effort.
*- Radek Dvorak’s goal today was his second in a shorthanded situation this week. He had another SH on Sunday versus Montreal.
*- Michael Frolik’s goal was on a penalty shot. It marked only the second time Florida has scored one of these at home in franchise history. The other took place on March 2nd 2007 when Peltonen netted one against Tampa Bay.
*- The game was one of momentum swings. Florida was up 3-1 after the first period. Atlanta scored two unanswered goals in the 2nd to tie it at 3-3. Then Florida came out blazing in the third, two goals in less than two minutes, and five for the entire period.
*- Florida is 4-0-1 in its last 5 games in which they scored 27 goals!
*- Why is there a blimp at an indoor hockey game?
*- Florida has scored four or more goals in its last five games. That is the first time this has happened in franchise history.
*- Atlanta’s Goalie Kari Lehtonen is inconsistent to say the least. He shut out New Jersey a few days ago, then gives up seven goals to Florida.
*- Never heard the term ‘sin bin’ used for the penalty box before today’s game. Anyone ever heard it used? I admit to watching very little hockey for over 20 years before getting the ‘Florida Panther’ bug two years ago. Now my wife asks me daily- ‘Is there hockey tonight?’
*- Talking about the penalty box, Anthony Stewart and Chris Thorburn got put in it for five minutes each. The penalty was fighting, but it looked more like dancing to me. Where’s Wade Belak when you need him?
*- No Panther game again till January 16th. Boy will I be suffering from withdrawal by then.
- Record win- Florida beats Minnesota 3-2
- Florida Panther Steven Reinprecht scores a hat trick in less than one period
- Florida Panther Ville Peltonen out for 2 weeks with broken foot
- A Great Finnish- Florida Panthers beat Chicago Blackhawks 4-3
- Shawn the Man- Florida beats Montreal 2-1
- Throwing in the towel- Phoenix beats Florida 4-3
- Holding on for dear life- Florida Panthers defeat Tampa 4-3
- The dumps- Carolina lose 10th in a row, Florida Panthers wins 3-0
- Payback- Florida beats Atlanta 4-3
- Shark Bait- Florida beats San Jose 3-2
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
- Florida Panther Ville Peltonen out for 2 weeks with broken foot linked with OTB Sports
Comments are Closed