They also placed Chad Pennington on the injured reserve list. From ESPN-
The Miami Dolphins placed Pennington on the reserve-injured list to create a roster spot for quarterback Tyler Thigpen, who was acquired Tuesday from the Kansas City Chiefs for an undisclosed 2010 draft pick.
Pennington hurt his right shoulder in the third quarter Sunday at San Diego, an injury that leaves his career in jeopardy. At 33, he likely faces a third operation on the same shoulder — the previous two coming in 2004 and 2005.
Pennington will seek a second opinion from orthopedic specialist Dr. James Andrews, who performed the other two operations. On Tuesday, Jeff Darlington of the Miami Herald told ESPN’s “First Take” that the appointment is scheduled for Friday.
Thigpen shores up depth behind second-year pro Chad Henne, who is expected to make his first NFL start Sunday against Buffalo. Henne went 10-for-19 for 92 yards with an interception after replacing Pennington. Rookie Pat White is the Dolphins’ other quarterback.
Thigpen, a third-year pro, went 1-10 as a starter for the woeful Chiefs last year after both Brodie Croyle and Damon Huard went down with season-ending injuries. He threw for 2,608 yards with 18 touchdowns and 12 interceptions.
I think the Thigpen trade was a good one for Miami. He played well last year with a bad team. I also remember the game he played against the fins. Thigpen leading the Chiefs to 31 points, but throwing 3 INTs also. Miami won that game, 38-31.
As for Pennington, his days in Miami are almost certainly over. His contract is up after this season, and I think Chad Henne is the Dolphins QB of the future. We’ll start finding out just how good Henne is beginning this Sunday.
- Sources say Miami Dolphin QB Chad Pennington done for the season
- Miami Dolphins sign LB Karlos Dansby and QB Chad Pennington
- Mad for Chad- Miami Dolphins beat NY Jets 31-27
- Miami Dolphins release QB John Beck
- Double whammy- Two Dolphin QBs injured in 30-24 loss to Pittsburgh
- Chad Pennington Named Jets No. 1 QB
- NY Jets release QB Chad Pennington
- Weekly Miami Dolphins prediction
- Backup power- Miami Dolphins beat Carolina Panthers 24-17
- Those 0-12 Miami Dolphins
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed