The altercation took place on September 20th. From AP-
New Mexico Lobos head coach Mike Locksley has been reprimanded for a fight involving an assistant coach, who told police Locksley struck him and split his lip.
Athletic director Paul Krebs said at a news conference Monday that Locksley was issued “a verbal reprimand” with a follow-up letter placed in his personnel file after the Sept. 20 altercation.
According to a police report, receivers coach J.B. Gerald said the fight occurred during a “heated” coaches meeting.
Locksley became angry, grabbed Gerald by the collar and punched him as other coaches tried to intervene.
Krebs downplayed the incident, saying it’s not unusual in college football for coaches to have “heated discussions.” He also expressed steadfast support for Locksley, whom he hired after last season.
No charges were filed. I do think Locksley could be in a great of trouble at this moment. He is being been accused of sexual harassment and the Lobos aren’t having much success on the field(0-4 in 2009). It wouldn’t at all surprise me if Locksley’s tenure in Albuquerque is a very short one.
- New Mexico head coach Mike Locksley suspended for one game
- New Mexico football coach Mike Locksley accused of sexual harassment
- Miami(Ohio) to name Mike Haywood as its next football coach
- Detroit Catcher Gerald Laird and his brother arrested after brawl
- UConn Cornerback Jasper Howard dead at age 20
- Atlanta Falconsâ€™ OT Quinn Ojinnaka arrested over Facebook fracas
- Ole Miss coach Andy Kennedy charged with assault
- Iowa State hires Auburn’s Paul Rhoads
- UCLA Tennis player Jeffrey Fleming in a coma after being punched
- Former Junior Middleweight Champion Vernon Forrest dead at 38
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed