The Predators haven’t lost at home to the Blue Jackets since 2006. From AP-
When the Columbus Blue Jackets come to Nashville, everything seems to go right for the hometown Predators.
Steve Sullivan scored the winning goal in the fifth round of the shootout to give Nashville a 4-3 victory over Columbus on Thursday night. The Predators have beaten the Blue Jackets 13 consecutive times at home, dating to Nashville’s previous loss on April 3, 2006.
Sullivan beat goalie Mathieu Garon with a wrist shot under the goalie’s pad for the winner. Garon had won an NHL-record 13 consecutive shootouts and was 18-4 in his career in the tiebreaker.
Dave Scatchard, who had missed five games because of an upper body injury, gave the Predators a 1-0 at 11:03 of the first period. Martin Erat and Jason Arnott scored in the second period for Nashville.
Blue Jackets defenseman Kris Russell and Raffi Torres also scored in the second, and Rick Nash tied it in the third for Columbus.
Russell’s points last night were his first in over 60 games. Down here in Florida, Panther fans are lighting candles in hope of a goal from either Kamil Kreps or Gregory Campbell sometime before my 49th birthday.(January 12th 2010) Maybe there is hope yet.
- Does it look as if I need help?- Columbus routs Detroit 8-2
- Goalie Steve Mason at it again- Columbus blanks Ottawa 1-0
- Blue Jackets Pascal Leclaire is out for the season
- NHL suspends Michael Peca for bumping ref
- Phoenix C Olli Jokinen to miss at least two weeks with shoulder injury
- Columbus Blue Jackets fire Coach Ken Hitchcock
- NHL suspends Predators’ Jordin Tootoo for punch
- Carolina Hurricane Goalie Cam Ward taken to hospital with a cut in his leg
- Rookie Goalie Steve Mason stymies Washington, Columbus wins 3-0
- Columbus Center Derick Brassard out for the season
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed