It was his 4th NASCAR Sprint Cup Victory. From AP-
Jamie McMurray has won the Daytona 500, holding off a hard-charging Dale Earnhardt Jr. over a wild, two-lap sprint to the finish of NASCAR’s version of the Super Bowl.
The race was stopped twice and delayed for more than two hours because of a pothole at Daytona International Speedway, and the setback nearly derailed the race. NASCAR struggled to patch the hole, and drivers knew the pavement could tear at any time after the final repair.
It meant they had to race hard the final 80 miles, and did they ever.
It was a great and crazy race like many other 500s. My personal favorite is the 76 edition where Richard Petty and David Pearson crashed coming down the home stretch. With a helpful push from his pit crew, Pearson got across the finish line first. If I remember right Benny Parsons(the 75 champ) was coming hard from 3rd place.
McMurray is wildly inconstent in his results. Just look at his 2009 Sprint Cup campaign. A win at Daytona is definitely career changing for a driver.
- Retired Nascar Driver Benny Parsons has lung cancer
- Jeff Gordon Gets 77th Win, Passes Dale Earnhardt
- Kyle Busch wins Watkins Glen
- Michael Waltrip’s crew chief, director suspended
- Clint Bowyer ‘steals’ NASCAR race at Richmond
- NASCAR Driver Brian Vickers hospitalized with blood clots
- Dale Earnhardt Posthumously Enters Hall of Fame
- Danica Patrick Moving to NASCAR?
- Temple Of Doom sets 1:52.4 world trotting mark at Tioga Down
- Rubens Barrichello wins the Italian Grand Prix
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed