This was one of the players I would have been most concerned about letting get away. Townsend has performed very well over the past few years, and filling the hole he would leave at cornerback would have been difficult. Now we have two good cornerbacks and a backup who also seems to be ready should he be called upon.
With the signing of Townsend, believe it or not, the Steelers now have all their starters signed for the next two seasons except for restricted free agent Ike Taylor. Not a bad place for the defending Super Bowl champions to be, and a place that most teams wish they could be in at this time. Having only lost three starters from the Super Bowl team, and having gained players who should be good replacements for them, the Steelers could be very dangerous next year.
The only suspense left for Steeler fans this offseason will be the draft.
- Tyrone Carter’s Brother Skips Jail for the Super Bowl
- NFL Power Rankings – 2008 Preseason
- Steelers Post Mortem
- NFL Pre-Season Rankings 2006
- Wow, That Was Brutal. Jacksonville Wins 9-0
- NFL Draft 2009 Round 1 #32- Pittsburgh Steelers- DT Evander ‘Ziggy’ Hood
- Bettis: Steelers Unlikely To Repeat
- Former NFL Defensive End Dwight White dead at 58
- Scoring Defense Key to NFL Success
- Steelers First Round Pick Facing Possible Suspension
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed