The 76ers are trading Allen Iverson.
Allen Iverson is no longer Philadelphia’s headache. Then again, maybe it’s the other way around. Either way, this much is sure: One of the great players in franchise history has likely played his last game for the 76ers. Iverson wants out and Philadelphia will grant his wish.
“It’s just time for him to go his way and for us to go our way,” Sixers chairman Ed Snider said Friday night.
During a bizarre day, Iverson was first banished by the club for two games and then Snider said the Sixers would trade their disgruntled franchise player after he asked to be dealt. It would end Iverson’s 11-year stint with the team that made him the No. 1 pick in the 1996 draft.
The A.I. era is all but over
Quite bizarre. A.I. is the T.O. of the NBA: A great player who is such an enormous pain in the ass as to not be worth it.
- Iverson Traded to Nuggets for Joe Smith and Two #1s
- Denver’s Top Five Current Athletes
- Blizzard May Keep AI from Denver
- Allen Iverson’s Denver Nuggets Debut
- Philadelphia 76ers hire Eddie Jordan to be head coach
- Less Than Five Minutes with Cuban, Johnson, and Nelson
- CB Jason Allen- Miami Dolphins draft bust
- A.I. – Last Great Hope for the City of Brotherly Love
- Nick Saban Vetoes Dinner with President Bush
- Vancouver Canucks’ Roberto Luongo completes third straight shutout
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed