So as the Bowl season is now in full swing, and we are starting week 2 of the Bowl Games, I figured it would be a good time to bring up the debate of the Greatest College Football team of all time. If you think of all of the great teams throughout history I think the 1995 Nebraska Cornhuskers team is at the top (or close to it) on everyone’s list.
Coached by the legendary Tom Osborne this team was loaded on both sides of the ball. Running their traditional triple option nobody was able to stop them, including Florida in the 1995 Fiesta Bowl (National Championship Game). Below is a highlight reel from YouTube, which includes the greatest run ever (by Tommie Frazier when 6 Florida players had him stopped).
I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on the greatest college football team ever.
- Cotton Bowl Lobbies for BCS Inclusion
- Ellerson leaves Cal Poly to take over at Army
- Fixing College Football
- Boise State and the BCS
- Navy promotes Ken Niumatalolo to head football coach
- Are you ready for some bowling? II
- Florida Gator Coach Urban Meyer to step down
- FAU Coach Howard Schnellenberger returns to Florida Field
- Emory Bellard, creator of wishbone offense, dead at 83
- Dennis Erickson Takes Arizona State Job
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed