Dallas cornerback Anthony Henry says he is willing to move to free safety if that’s what the team needs.
The agent for Cowboys cornerback Anthony Henry said he believes his client still has several good seasons left at the position, but would not object to a potential move to free safety.
Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones has said moving Henry from corner to safety is a possibility. Henry played some safety as a collegian at South Florida. A move there may give the Cowboys better coverage at the position that could allow strong safety Roy Williams to play closer to the line of scrimmage.
â€œWe do believe Anthony has several years left as one of the leagueâ€™s best cornerbacks,â€ said Henryâ€™s agent, Jerrold Colton. â€œBut if the Cowboys feel it would be best to move Anthony to safety, he would do it.â€
While I applaud Henry’s unselfishness, this seems odd to me. Aren’t competent corners harder to come by that free safeties? The Cowboys’ problems replacing Darren Woodson notwithstanding? And isn’t he making too much to play safety?
- Cowboys’ Henry ‘Down With’ Safety Move
- Anthony Henry Staying at Corner
- Cowboys Henry and Glenn Most Underrated Cornerbacks
- 2008 NFL Mock Draft: NFC East
- Cincinnati Bengal WR Chris Henry dead at age 26
- Versatile DBs Key for NFL Defenses
- Cowboys Sign Safety Ken Hamlin
- Cincinatti Bengals cut Chris Henry
- Former NFL RB Travis Henry will go to prison for cocaine distribution
- Newman and Ellis Could Miss Cowboys Season Opener
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed