None of those surveyed hit a home run but some did reasonably well.
- Nobody picked a Bears-Colts matchup in the Super Bowl.
- Nobody picked the Bears to appear in, much less win, the Super Bowl.
- Several of us picked the Colts to win the Super Bowl: “Experts” Pat Kirwan, Gil Brandt, Michael Wilbon and Adam Schefter and bloggers Mark Hasty and myself. Steven Taylor picked the Colts to appear in the Super Bowl and lose to the Dallas Cowboys.
The worst preseason picks:
- ESPN’s team of experts picked the Carolina Panthers to beat the Miami Dolphins in the Super Bowl. Neither team made the playoffs.
- The worst blogger prognosticator was Bill Jempty, who had the Cincinnati Bengals beating the New York Giants.
Again, neither team made the playoffs.The Panthers failed to make the playoffs and the Giants lost in the Wild Card round.
- Honorable mention: NFL.com expert Vic Caruci also picked the Carolina Panthers, who (as I may have mentioned) didn’t make the playoffs, to win the Super Bowl. He did not name their opponent.
It seems that the amateurs are about as good as the experts in predicting the outcome of long NFL seasons.
Trackposted to Perri Nelson’s Website, Is It Just Me?, Right Truth, Big Dog’s Weblog, Shadowscope, Common Folk Using Common Sense, Stuck On Stupid, Thought Alarm, The Amboy Times, Maggie’s Notebook | Conservative Blog, Pursuing Holiness, Sujet- Celebrities, The HILL Chronicles, Right Celebrity, third world county, Woman Honor Thyself, stikNstein… has no mercy, The Uncooperative Blogger Â®, Pirate’s Cove, The Right Nation, Renaissance Blogger, The Pink Flamingo, Dumb Ox Daily News, Right Voices, Right Pundits, A Blog For All, The Random Yak, 123 Beta, Maggie’s Notebook, basil’s blog, The Bullwinkle Blog, Cao’s Blog, Phastidio.net, Jo’s Cafe, Adam’s Blog, Conservative Cat, Conservative Thoughts, Thought Alarm: And the Truth Shall Set You Free (If It’s Not Supressed), Wake Up America, Diary of the Mad Pigeon, Faultline USA, The Crazy Rants of Samantha Burns, Blue Star Chronicles, High Desert Wanderer, and Gone Hollywood, thanks to Linkfest Haven Deluxe.
- Jerry Kramer’s Super Bowl I Ring Found
- Super Bowl post of Lists
- Ugly finish- Carolina beats New Orleans 23-10
- Nick Saban’s Salary
- Florida Panthers sign defenseman Dennis Seidenberg
- Tony Romo the Next Tom Brady?
- NHL Eastern Conference at the mid point of the 2009-10 season
- Tyrone Carter’s Brother Skips Jail for the Super Bowl
- How about them Florida Panthers?
- NFL Reverses Call On Church Parties
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
- Conservative Thoughts
- Woman Honor Thyself
- Chicago Bears WIN Super Bowl on Freak Play ! linked with Right Pundits
- third world county linked with Whoa! Dude! (Superbowl Blogging?)...
- Faultline USA linked with Our Vulnerable Religious Freedoms...
- Right Voices linked with Edwards Plans To Raise Taxes..Did Not Exclude You This Time...
- World and Global Politics Blog linked with The Four Stages of Life
- Right Voices linked with “Hey, thanks capitalism! Now that I’ve made it, the rest of y’all enjoy socialism. Love, John Edwards.”
- Renaissance Blogger linked with If You Age It Will Come
- Renaissance Blogger linked with Mayor Ellis Returns Home (so he says)
- Perri Nelson's Website linked with An "original" superbowl commercial?...
- Planck's Constant linked with China's one Child Rule and unintended consequences...
- The Virtuous Republic linked with Hell Freezes Over: The Republicans Act Like, Well...
- Blue Star Chronicles linked with The Infidel Ayaan Hirsi Ali...
- Mark My Words - commentary on news, politics, religion, philosophy, science and social issues
- World and Global Politics Blog linked with China’s one Child Rule and unintended consequences
- Pursuing Holiness linked with Porn: Battering Women By Proxy
- Conservative Cat
- Gulf Coast Hurricane Tracker
- Right Voices linked with Blanco’s Re-Election Strategy: “The Blame Game”...
- Renaissance Blogger linked with Plagarism, Poetry Connections, and Open Trackback Tuesday...
- The Uncooperative Blogger
- Conservative Blog linked with Maggie's Notebook
Comments are Closed