Ukraine has arressted the Belarus National Rowing Team for illegally entering the Ukraine during a practice.
The border guard service said a coast guard vessel was dispatched to intercept and detain 10 rowers who had crossed into Ukrainian waters on the border with Transdniestria, a region of ex-Soviet Moldova controlled by separatists.
Team members told officials they were unaware they had crossed the border in the southern Ukrainian region. They now face charges in court.
You know this strikes me as just a little extreme. At least the citizens of Ukraine can feel safe that their border patrol can stop people at the border before they can row the boats that Ukrainians won’t row.
- Denver Bronco TE Richard Quinn arrested on domestic violence charges
- Cincinatti Bengals cut Chris Henry
- Private search on for missing NFL players in Gulf of Mexico
- Slow speed chase- Miami Heat’s Carlos Arroyo arrested after traffic violation
- Chargers LB Steve Foley Shot Three Times by Police
- Five Duquesne Basketball Players Shot
- John Daly’s Wife Alleges He Assaulted Himself
- USC Starting Point Guard Ryan Francis Killed in Louisiana
- Serbia’s president arrested for drinking at Soccer stadium
- T.O. Fined $35,000 for Spitting in Hall’s Face
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed