Three games so far, and the starters have pitched a total of 12.1 innings! When did the whole staff turn into Jaret Wright? I’ll assume Mussina’s mid-80s fastball is mostly a product of the cold weather (so that I can rest easier).
Giambi’s 0-5 with 6 runners stranded was a killer.
Who’d have thunk Kei Igawa would have a realistic shot at making the first start of 5+ innings (not withstanding Wang’s injury)? Not me.
On the bright side, Sean Henn looked solid. And Phil Hughes pitched well in his first AAA game: 5 ip, 2 er, 6 k, 2 bb, 9 gb, 0 fb.
2*: Henn, 3 ip, 0 r
1: Matsui, 1-3, 2 r, rbi, bb
- Yanks lose – it sure looks like Torre was wrong
- Duncan’s big homerun goes for naught
- 2007 Yankee Projections
- Yankee pitchers dropping like flies
- Yankees first half awards
- Yankees Roster Set
- Yankee bats come alive
- Yanks hanging on to prospects
- Starter dooms Yankees again
- Pavano to start Opening Day?!
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed