The Indianapolis Colts, last year’s Super Bowl champions, have selected Ohio State wide receiver Anthony Gonzales with the 32nd and final pick in the 2007 NFL Draft.
At 6 hours, 20 minutes, this was the longest 1st round in history.
What the Experts Say:
- Rick Gosselin’s Final Ranking: 32nd overall
- Mel Kiper Final Ranking: Not in top 32.
- Scout.com Final Ranking: Not in top 50.
It’s odd that Gonzalez didn’t make Kiper’s board, let alone the Scout.com top 50, given how much I’ve heard about him this offseason.
Taking a defensive player like Penn State OLB Paul Posluszny makes a little more sense here. However, the departure of Brandon Stokley means Indianapolis needed a No. 3 receiver and Gonzalez should slide right into that role. Though Gonzalez isn’t as explosive as Ohio State teammate Ted Ginn Jr. and he doesn’t return kicks either he is the more complete receiver. He runs crisp routes, he isn’t afraid to go over the middle and he doesn’t drop passes he should catch. It doesn’t hurt that he is a hard worker who will learn the pro game from Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne either.
- Top 10 NFL WR Corps
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #9 – Miami Dolphins – WR Ted Ginn
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #30 – San Diego Chargers – WR Craig Davis
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #23 – Kansas City Chiefs – WR Dwayne Bowe
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #19 – Tennessee Titans – S Michael Griffin
- Two many happy returns- Miami Dolphins beat NY Jets 30-25
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #27 – New Orleans Saints – WR Robert Meachem
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #18 – Cincinnati Bengals – CB Leon Hall
- Tipped- Denver Broncos beat Cincinnati 12-7 on miracle play
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #12 – Buffalo Bills – RB Marshawn Lynch
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed