In a stunning move, the Cleveland Browns have traded away Charlie Frye, their starting quarterback, to the Seattle Seahawks for undisclosed draft picks.
Browns starting quarterback Charlie Frye, benched before halftime in the season opener, was traded to Seattle for an undisclosed draft pick on Tuesday, a stunningly swift move as Cleveland clears the way for rookie Brady Quinn.
Frye was dealt less than 48 hours after playing poorly and being pulled in the second quarter by coach Romeo Crennel for backup Derek Anderson in the Browns’ 34-7 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.
The Browns said Frye must pass a physical for the trade to be completed. Cleveland also signed free agent quarterback Ken Dorsey, cut 10 days ago by the club, to a one-year contract.
Amid the changes, the Browns have not identified a starter for Sunday’s home game against the Cincinnati Bengals. The team has several options, including allowing Quinn, the former Notre Dame four-year star, to make his NFL debut.
Amazing. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this happen. Trading your starting quarterback? After one game?!
As a fan of the Dallas Cowboys, who hold Cleveland’s pick in the first round next year’s draft, I’m quite pleased.
- Brady Quinn holding out on the Cleveland Browns
- Dilfer to 49ers, Dorsey to Browns
- Seattle trades QB Seneca Wallace to Cleveland
- Cleveland Browns go back to Derek Anderson as starting QB
- Cleveland Browns sign QB Jake Delhomme
- Cleveland Browns trade QB Brady Quinn to Denver
- QB Brady Quinn out for the year with a broken finger
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #22 – Cleveland Browns – QB Brady Quinn
- Battle of the
PitsOhio- Cincinnati beats Cleveland 14-0
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #3 – Cleveland Browns – OT Joe Thomas
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed