After two rounds of play, Angela Park is leading the Women’s US Open by one shot. Park, who is of Korean heritage but born in Brazil and grew up in California, was last year’s Rookie of the Year.
One of the golfers one shot back is Minea Blomqvist. Minea had more than a few interesting things to say at a press conference yesterday.
The 23-year-old from Finland was hilarious during her interview, although there’s some Swedes that won’t be laughing when they see her comment. She was asked that Swedes say Finns talk funny, so does she think Swedes talk funny?
“I always tell a story that why Swedes are so good in the golf (is) because in golf you need empty mind, and there’s nothing going on in their heads,” she said, smiling. “So that’s why they play good.”
Blomqvist also had people cracking up when she mentioned her boyfriend, Roope Kakko, is a fellow pro golfer from Finland. But there’s a problem with his surname.
“Kakko means (feces) in Finnish,” she said. “So I’m not very happy about that if we’re going to stay together.”
If I was Minea, I’d get a new boyfriend or have the present one change his last name. Either that or to avoid a Scandinavian civil war, marry a Swede. Preferably one whose head isn’t empty or have a last name meaning shit.
Who said pro golfers aren’t colorful?
- Hee Kyung Seo wins the LPGA Kia Classic
- Sexiest woman golfer
- Finland Eliminates Americans in Hockey
- Is there anyone with a bigger impact on pro golf than Se Ri Pak?
- Royal Birkdale and Taiwanese golfers or Yani Tseng and Mr. Lu
- All Fired up because of Golf
- Golf World’s Ron Sirak is an imbecile
- The return of Grace Park?
- Juggernaut- Inbee Park wins the US Open
- Christina Kim leads the State Farm Classic after 36 holes, Michelle Wie one shot back
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed