Another odd injury involving a MLB player has taken place.
Dodgers pitcher Chad Billingsley had surgery on Saturday after fracturing his leg in a fall at his Pennsylvania home.
Team spokesman Josh Rawitch said that the 24-year-old Billingsley slipped on ice outside his house in Reading, Pa., and suffered a spiral fracture of the fibula in his left leg on Friday.
He had surgery to put a plate in and will be in a cast for two weeks. Rawitch said the surgery went as expected and Billingsley should be ready to throw by spring training.
Rawitch said the surgery was performed by Dr. Paul Neuman, an orthopedic surgeon in Reading, after consulting with team surgeon Dr. Neal ElAttrache.
Billingsley was 16-10 with a 3.14 ERA this past season. He lost Game 2 and Game 5 of the National League Championship Series against the Philadelphia Phillies.
Pitchers are injury prone enough on the ball field, to have one get hurt in some sort of household accident has to be particularly irksome. Hopefully Billingsley and the Dodgers won’t be damaged too much by what happened.
- Florida Marlins pitcher Anibal Sanchez has season-ending surgery
- Miami Heat reported to be shopping around Shaquille O’Neal
- Dodgers so close to a championship… I can taste it!
- Former Brooklyn Dodger Johnny Podres dead at 75
- Former Dodger pitcher Clem Labine dead at age 80
- Former Brooklyn Dodger OF Don Thompson dead at 85
- Matt White, Rock Magnate, Demoted to Minors
- Torre Takes Mattingly, Bowa to Dodgers
- Barbaro’s condition may be serious
- Every Dodger to Wear Number 42
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed