Muscle Hill wins the Hambletonian
The 84th edition of trotting’s biggest race is now in the record books. From AP-
Muscle Hill delivered as expected Saturday in the $1.5 million Hambletonian at the Meadowlands Racetrack.
The dominant 3-year-old trotting colt cruised to a six-length victory in record time. The overwhelming 1-5 favorite, Muscle Hill led all the way from the rail in the mile trotted in 1:50.20, erasing the Hambletonian mark of 1:51.20 set by Glidemaster in 2006.
Muscle Hill extended his winning streak to 13 in the richest race of the year in harness racing. He lost his first race and is undefeated since. Brian Sears drove for trainer Gregory Peck as Muscle Hill won for the fifth time this season.
Sears also drove the winner of the Hambletonian Oaks yesterday. That was the first time in the history of these racers that the same person drove the winners of these races in the same year.
- Rachel Alexandra wins the Preakness Stakes
- Rosecroft Raceway ceases operations
- Harness horse driver Wally Hennessey gets his 7000th career win
- Linda Rice is Saratoga’s leading trainer for 2009
- Adios stakes race probably moving to Pocono Downs for 2008
- Florida horsemen say 2009 racing meet will end 3 months early
- Harness racing driver Joe Hennessey dead at 82
- From Relief pitcher to Horse trainer
- New Jersey committee report on horse racing states ‘the status quo is not sustainable’
- Woman’s 10-cent bet pays $21,584 at track
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed