Dolphins halfback Ricky Williams lost his appeal with the NFL for violating the substance abuse policy and will be ineligible for the 2006 season.
The appeal was of his fourth violation of the NFL’s substance abuse policy, a ruling that places his football career in jeopardy.
Two sources said Williams was told of the ruling earlier Tuesday. This will mark the second time in three years that Williams will sit out a full season. Williams missed the 2004 campaign when he abruptly retired days before the start of training camp that summer, following his third violation of the substance abuse policy.
I had honestly thought he had turned it around, and would like to know what the league found during their test. In any event, this could very well be the end of one of the strangest careers the NFL has ever seen.
- League source says Ricky Williams failed marijuana test
- Ricky Williams seeks NFL reinstatement
- Ricky Williams to play for Toronto Argonauts
- Former NFL Center Curtis Whitley dead at 39
- Ricky Williams Has Lackluster CFL Debut
- Easy come Easy go- Ricky Williams out for the season
- Kentucky Horse Racing Commission suspends Jockey Calvin Borel
- Manny Ramirez suspended fifty games for using banned substance
- Cowboys Re-Sign DB Marcus Coleman
- Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders 2007 Training Camp
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed