It appears the Feds are doing everything possible to prove what we all feel, Barry Bonds used performance enhancing drugs.
The names and urine samples of about 100 Major League Baseball players who tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs three years ago can be used by federal investigators, a court ruled Wednesday — a decision that could have implications for Barry Bonds.
The ruling from the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals could bolster the government’s perjury case against Bonds if investigators are able to link his name to a positive test from baseball’s anonymous testing in 2003. The San Francisco Giants slugger has been the target of a perjury investigation since he testified before a 2004 grand jury that he didn’t knowingly use illegal drugs.
As the article mentions
Baseball players and owners agreed in their 2002 labor contract that the results would be confidential, and each player was assigned a code number to be matched with his name.
Unfortunately this is an issue that will never die. WhileÂ I do believe Mark McGwire used performance enhancing drugs (PED), I think it is wrong how he is being made the poster child for all that was wrong. He was obvioulsy one of at least a hundred players who used PED, and unfortunatley the most high profile, and the firstÂ to come up for election to the Baseball Hall of Fame. But the bottom line is that he should not have to pay the price of Major League Baseball knowingly or unknowingly looking the other way. If I heard whispers about PED while I was senior at UMASS-Amherst, I am sure the powers that be did as well.
Barry Bonds is a jerk, and may have been a HOF before he starting sticking needles in his butt, BUT he should not get a pass while other players are being penalized for doing similar things.
This is a lose-lose situation for everyone in baseball but I guess this is the price the MLB and the players must pay for their action/inaction.
- Bonds and Steroids: Circumstantial Evidence?
- Columnist: Bonds is Finished
- Miguel Tejada pleads guilty to charge of lying
- Barry Bonds Allegedly Failed Amphetamine Test
- “I did not take steroids with that syringe”
- Barry Bonds won’t be playing for the San Francisco Giants in 2008
- NY Rangers prospect took PEDs before his death
- Bonds Passing Ruth: So What?
- Mocking Barry Bonds
- Barry Bonds Started Steroids after McGwire-Sosa Chase
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed