I spoke earlier about the invasion of the evil empire. Well, the first game is over and the Colorado Rockies beat the New York Yankees, 3-1. How about those powerful Yankee bats at Coors Field? What did it? Pitching. Josh fogg went 7 innings allowing 4 hits and 1 run. Not bad for someone who sucks, according to bronxbanter.
Josh Fogg kinda sucks, though, and he’ll take the mound tonight against the Yankees. One might not be surprised to find that Fogg’s only two wins came on the road and that his ERA at home is 2.77 runs higher than his road mark, though one might be surprised to find out that those two wins game against the Mets and Red Sox. What’s more, the Rockies have won Fogg’s last three starts and Fogg’s ERA over his last four starts (two home, two on the road) has been 3.91. Then again, opponents have hit .326/.375/.495 against him in those four starts, so, even when he does well, Josh Fogg sucks.
And, although in the eight there was a bases loaded scare. LaTroy Hawkins, came through to force a ground out. The bullpen pulls through.
Yorvit Torrealba was masterful in his game calling and added a home run. The Rockies recorded three runs off Yankees starter Mike Mussina, with Matt Holliday and Garrett Atkins posting RBIs. Great game Rockies!
- Yankee News – June 20 edition
- San Diego Padres and Colorado Rockies to play wild card playoff game
- Rockies Continue Hot Streak in Win Over Devil Rays
- Rockies 7 Game Win Streak
- Colorado Rockies sign C Miguel Olivo
- Rockies Take Down The Red Sox
- Evil Empire Invades Coors Field
- Rockies Sign Javy Lopez
- Red Sox Talking to Rockies about Helton
- Yanks score 38 runs in two games
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed