He observes, “The move alleviates a logjam at linebacker after the Cowboys signed Zach Thomas in February but creates an opening at tight end behind Pro Bowler Jason Witten.”
This strikes me as a terrible trade for the Cowboys and a continuation of the fleecing of his old team that Bill Parcells has managed since taking over the Dolphins. Fasano is a productive player coming into his third year. He was a second round pick. Giving him away for a 4th rounder — granted, the top pick in the 4th round — is insane. Ayodele is a veteran who has played quite well since coming over as a free agent. Trading him away at this point probably makes sense but only because of the inexplicable signing of the over-the-hill Thomas.
I just don’t get it. This is a team that went 13-3 last year before collapsing in the playoffs to the eventual Super Bowl champion. Why dump young, talented players for second day picks?
It makes a little more sense when you realize that the Cowboys dealt their 4th round pick earlier in the week to the Tennessee Titans for Adam Pacman Jones and wanted to recoup that ammunition. So, in a sense, they “traded Fasano and Ayodele for Pacman.” Then again, they already had Pacman.
- Cowboys Selling Zach Thomas #54 Jerseys
- NFL Draft 2008 – Round 4 – Dallas Trades Down Again – And Again!- And Again!
- Cowboys Sign Linebacker Akin Ayodele
- NFL Draft 2008 – Round 3 – Cowboys Trade 3rd to Detroit
- Cowboys Sign Kosier; To Re-Sign Gurode
- NFL Draft 2008 – Round 2 #61 – Dallas Cowboys – Martellus Bennett
- Cowboys Trade TE Ryan to Jets, Who Send TE Jolley to Bucs
- Cowboys’ Henry ‘Down With’ Safety Move
- Miami Dolphins place TE David Martin on Injured Reserve
- Is Randy McMichael about to be traded?
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
- NFL Draft 2008 - Round 3 - Cowboys Trade 3rd to Detroit linked with OTB Sports
Comments are Closed