Nick Eatman doesn’t yet have details but reports,
The Cowboys obviously didn’t see anything that impressed them too much here in the third round as they traded away the pick to Detroit. Don’t get too excited, I doubt it’s for wide receiver Roy Williams. We’re still waiting on the full details of the trade. The Cowboys still have their 100th overall pick, the one they obtained from Miami.
That’s the top pick in the fourth round, which they obtained on the eve of the draft in trade for Anthony Fasano and Akin Ayodele. I still don’t understand that trade, by the way.
UPDATE: Albert Breer reports that, “For the Cowboys’ third-rounder, 92nd overall, the Lions sent their fourth rounders this year (111th overall) and next year to Dallas.” That doesn’t strike me as particularly good value. But it may just be that the Cowboys don’t think there was anyone worth spending a 3rd on left on the board.
Here’s the problem, though: Three picks later, the Super Bowl champion New York Giants, a division rival who we play twice a year, picked Michigan WR Mario Manningham, a first round talent who has dropped because of character issues. The Cowboys need a WR. Hmm.
UPDATE: The ESPN gang, Ron Jaworski in particular, don’t think Manningham has the size or speed to dominate in the NFL. Let us hope.
- NFL Draft 2008 – Round 4 – Dallas Trades Down Again – And Again!- And Again!
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #25 – Pittsburgh Steelers (from Giants) – WR Santonio Holmes
- Dallas – Cleveland Draft Day Trade – Round 2
- Dallas Cowboys 2009 Draft – Day 1
- Cowboys Trade Fasano and Ayodele to Dolphins for 4th
- Randy Moss Traded to New England for 4th Round Pick
- Dallas – Cleveland Draft Day Trade
- Pacman Jones’ Value to the Cowboys
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #9 – Detroit Lions – LB Ernie Sims
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #14 – Philadelphia Eagles – DT Brodrick Bunkley
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed