Golden State Warriors suspend Stephen Jackson for 2 games
He went on a ‘foul spree’ in a game against the Los Angeles Lakers. From AP-
Golden State Warriors swingman Stephen Jackson has been suspended for two exhibition games for conduct detrimental to the team.
The team said the suspension is for Jackson’s behavior Friday night against the Lakers. He picked up five fouls plus a technical foul in less than 10 minutes of action. He went to the locker room from the bench and never returned.
Jackson will miss Saturday night’s game against Phoenix in Indian Wells, Calif., and Monday’s game in Los Angeles against the Clippers.
Jackson has been unhappy with Golden State’s decline since reaching the second round of the 2007 playoffs.
Jackson has made it loud and clear that he wants to be traded. The NBA even fined him for his publicly stating so. If he doesn’t like getting millions to play for losing Golden State, I have an excellent solution. Send him to Oklahoma or Sacramento, who are as bad or worse than the Warriors.
All snark aside, the Warriors shoulld swallow this guy’s salary and just cut him loose if a trade can’t be arranged. He is no use to Golden State.
- Golden State Warriors trade Stephen Jackson to Charlotte
- NY Knicks Nate Robinson fined $25,000 for agent’s remarks
- Can anyone here play this game? Golden State beats Detroit 95-88
- Miami Heat plays Golden State with just 7 players
- Phil Jackson: Shaq Lazy, Wade Cheats
- On top- LA Lakers beat Charlotte 99-97
- Eight is Enough- Portland beats Golden State 105-89
- Kobe Bryant Wants Out, Again!
- Breaking: Kobe Wants To Be Traded
- The Short Bus: Kobe, Wants To Stay?
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74