This news is simply shocking
Florida coach Urban Meyer, who was admitted to a hospital because of chest pains following the Southeastern Conference championship game, is stepping down because of health concerns.
Meyer resigned Saturday, calling it quits after five seasons in Gainesville and two national titles. He leaves Florida with a 56-10 record that includes a 32-8 mark in league play and a school-record 22-game winning streak snapped early this month against Alabama.
Meyer says he consulted with his family, his doctors, school president Bernie Machen and athletic director Jeremy Foley before deciding it is in his best interest to focus on his health and family.
While I’ve never been a Gator fan, I wish Meyer well and pray his health concerns aren’t too serious.
Meyer will coach the Gators one last time in the Sugar Bowl against Cincinnati. Who the U of F will hire to replace Meyer, I haven’t a clue. None of his assistants stand out IMHO, so I think the University will hire an outsider.
- Florida Gator Coach Urban Meyer to step down
- Billy Donovan to Coach Orlando Magic
- Rich Rodriguez Likely to Be Offered Alabama Job
- Alabama Waiting for Saban, New Year in Coaching Search
- Spurrier Signs Extension with South Carolina
- Penn hires Mike McLaughlin to coach women’s basketball
- Vikings Fire Personnel Director Over Resume Lies
- Jimbo Fisher to Join Saban at Alabama?
- Rich Rodriguez Offered Alabama Job
- Did Alabama Sabotage UAB Hire of Jimbo Fisher?
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed