For the second time today, the Cleveland Browns have traded with the Dallas Cowboys to move up in the draft. Earlier, they made a big splash by trading up to the 22nd spot to grab Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn. Now, they’ve traded into Dallas’ second round spot (53th overall) to take cornerback Eric Wright out of UNLV.
They gave up their 3rd (67th) and 4th (103rd) and 6th (168th) round picks and also picked up Dallas’ 6th (195th).
I agree with Jean Jacques Taylor that this was a good move for the Cowboys “because there was no one in the second they just had to have and the turned it into early picks in the third and fourth round.” Indeed, the Giants took USC WR Steve Smith two spots before Dallas was on the clock; I suspect they’d have taken him had he still been available.
Ah, well. I’d like to see the Cowboys wind up with a help at offensive line, wideout, and corner. We’ll see what develops.
- Dallas Cowboys 2009 Draft – Day 1
- NFL Draft 2008 – Round 5 – Dallas Cowboys – CB Orlando Scandrick
- NFL Draft 2008 – Round 4 – Dallas Trades Down Again – And Again!- And Again!
- NFL Draft 2008 – Round 3 – Cowboys Trade 3rd to Detroit
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #25 – Pittsburgh Steelers (from Giants) – WR Santonio Holmes
- Dallas – Cleveland Draft Day Trade
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #14 – Philadelphia Eagles – DT Brodrick Bunkley
- 2008 NFL Mock Draft: NFC East
- Dallas Cowboys 2006 Draft: Day 1
- Redskins’ Campbell Has Romo Envy
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed